Thursday, March 22, 2012

Leon the Cat of the House

Kari and Brady came home after visiting the animal shelter telling me that they saw a kitten that they wanted to get on November 5th.  So we all jumped in the car and went back.  One of the kittens was gone but the other one was still there.  He was hiding so Kari thought they both were gone.  I was surprised how many cats were being adopted that day.  They were going out the door with new owners left and right.

Leon was a little black and white kitten with long hair.  After paying for him and his license etc, we got him home.  His real personality started to emerge.  He was shy at all and fit right into the family.  Now I can't image not having him here at home.

We thought about changing his name but after trying on a few different names we felt Leon was the best name for him after all. 

That is one good thing that happened by not having my ex around.  He didn't like animals and never wanted to get one.  I thought I would never have a cat again.  The boys kept me busy anyway so I decided it was better that way.

Leon loves all of us but I think he has a special place in his kitty heart for Riley.  I watch how Riley holds him for long periods of time and how long he stays there and purrs.  He looks up to Riley with loving eyes.  I think Riley has a nature way with animals which is tender.  Brady won't stay still long enough but Leon will try to play with him as if he was another kitty.  They jump at each other and Leon will try to grab hold of Brady.

Leon will come and get Kari and I for his food etc.  In the mornings he like to nip at our feet to get our attention. 

So that is the whole family... this week I have written about everyone but me.  But I write about me everyday. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, nice you rescued a little kitten. All 3 of ours are rescues, too. I always say a house becomes much cozier with a curled up cat! :) The name Leon always reminds me of my friend Connie who had NOEL blocks for Christmas and her kids would constantly rearrange them to say LEON. :D Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete