The big question today at work was "what is four business days?" Those of us who work with the students thought that 24 hours later would be one day and so on. However, to those who decide what we are doing says that the first day is that day.
You see, when a student registers they have four business days to pay their tuition. If the registered today, then I would say that they would have until next Tuesday to pay (not counting the weekend). Starting Wednesday they could be dropped from classes if they haven't paid. However, the newest idea is that they would count today and Monday would be the last day to pay. So, what do you think?
I know, it is kind of splitting hairs but when students are trying to find money to pay for classes, one more day could make a difference. Anyway, that was the big question for the day.
I have the boys all bathed and ready for bed. Kari is due home in a few minutes. Then everyone is off to bed. Another blessed day... Have a wonderful Thursday.

Hmmm... I don't think it's fair to call the first day a business day because what if it was late in the afternoon and the student couldn't reach a financial institution (or a parent-lol.) I think the clock should start the following day so I guess I agree with you and your fellow workers. (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete