Thursday, March 15, 2012

Acts of Kindness

On Thursday evenings I have been attending a different church in Kent to study the Beth Moore bible study on the Book of James.  When I hit that really low period in January and February, this was a constant.  I didn’t miss going to this meeting with these women.
Beth Moore’s studies are designed for women.  So they are directed to our issues and situations in life as well as how we see the importance of various things.  We are different than men.  I think that most of the time women don’t celebrate the fact that we are different and with our differences we do bring more to life.  It is because of a woman that Jesus entered this life. 
She talked about the word in the bible which means “yield” in the Greek.  Yield is a type of submission.  We who drive (especially Californians) know this word because of freeway driving.  We yield as we get on a freeway (at least suppose to).  It is used in various areas such as when Jesus yields His spirit on the cross.  He gives it up… by choice.
Our culture is a “get ahead” kind of culture.  There is not a whole lot of “looking out” for the other person.  It has become more self-centered and selfish.  It seems many are just looking out for their own happiness.  I can’t help but think of my ex at this point.  He certainly had an agenda and it was for his own self.  However, whenever we behave selfish seldom do we achieve in the long run the happiness we thought we would have. 
She suggested that we find ways to be different and change this around.  We might not have money or means to help everyone but we can offer a kindness to everyone who comes into our day.  I guess that would be acts of kindness but on a daily level.  One has to have their eyes open to the possibilities. 
Have a good Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danna! I think there are people doing small acts of kindness all the time. I think they get overlooked by the negative things. Wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete