The weekend just whizzed by! I wish we could have a “do over”. I feel like I didn’t even have one! Anyway, my weekend started with speaking to the New Heart recovery group on the topic of “forgiveness”. Since the follow the AA steps a bit, I am making sure that my teachings are on those topics.
Saturday morning we had our annual women’s tea at our church for a brunch. It is the last event of the year. We will start up again in the fall with another brunch in September. During the summer, things slow down at church because of the fact so many people have kids home and go on vacations etc.
The tea is really nice because we have the sandwiches, salads, and desserts. We drink out of bone china cups… And we get to keep our cup. After three years, I am getting a collection of tea cups myself. They also had two women come entertain us called Deep Waters.
The two women sang and dances in skits demonstrating what it is like to be a women. I loved one skit they did… they acted as if they both were Jersey cows with a Jersey state accent. The jokes were great! I thought each skit was very well done. The food was excellent too. One favorite here in the Pacific Northwest is salmon and we had crackers with mash potato and salmon on top.
Later that evening when we were hungry again, and keeping to our So California roots, we went out for Mexican food because it was Cinco De Mayo. Kari and I shared a big combo plate and split it so it would be too much. They were sure trying to sell the jello shots there at the restaurant and they seemed surprised we didn’t want one. It is more of a cultural event in California, as you can imagine. Here, not so much. It is more like a reason to drink.
Sunday we went to church and after church the boys and Kari went fishing with the Royal Rangers. It was a fish farm they went to in Orting where the fish are raised to be caught by little boys with fishing poles. Then the Royal Rangers took the fish back to the church to cook and eat (along with hot dogs) for dinner. My family didn’t like Rainbow Trout so they ate hot dogs and chips instead. I got the impression that it wasn’t a favorite thing to do… catch fish. Maybe someday that will change with Riley but I think Brady would rather just see the fish show up on his plate.
I stayed home when the fishing was going on. I have been suffering from allergies a little. So, I didn’t things around the house and watched TV… taking it easy.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Hi Danna! We eat a lot of salmon... never farm raised always wild. I like fishing but I hate the hassle when lines get caught in things so I'm better not fishing from a shore. Believe it or not, I've never had a jello shot! Plenty of Margaritas, tho! ;) (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day, Danna!
ReplyDelete