Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strawberry Season

There are just some ways one can deal with home sickness when a person isn’t “home” during one of my favorite seasons.  As you know I am from So California, and strawberries usually are available March and April there.  Here, they aren’t available until June.  It’s just the weather difference.
So, I saw that Shari’s (a family restaurant) was having “Free Strawberry Pie Wednesdays”.  So we went and had soup and salad… and strawberry pie last night.  Riley had finished his MSP testing so we treated him to a strawberry shake. 
I think I will buy more strawberries at the store and enjoy the strawberry season while it is here.  What is your favorite strawberry food to eat?
Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Yummm.... I love strawberries! We had them with dinner tonight and we grow them also (our growing season is in June as well) and we eat a lot of strawberry shortcake!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danna! I'm surprised they don't import them...we were just in Oxnard on our way to Ventura Harbor this weekend and the fields are full of strawberries. The Strawberry Festival is in a week or two. Costco has them usually starting in March- huge boxes, of course, so if we can't finish them I freeze them and use in smoothies. Glad you got your background problem sorted out. Enjoy the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete