We took off on Saturday morning to meet up with Darian, Elaina and their mom, Magenta around 11am down in the valley. It took us about two hours to get to the lake. And we started to put up tents right away.
Kari's went up fine. My tent, that I got at Costco a few months, ago wasn't a real tent like I had thought it was. Yes, I had looked at the photos on it etc. It just didn't click. It was really a little shelter for rain and sun... meant for the beach or a sporting event. So off to the nearest store we went to get me a tent. Twenty minutes and a few more dollars later I had a tent.
One thing that did work out OK was the cot I bought also from Costco. That worked out OK. I have used blow up beds in the past what ended up with holes in them... so I thought I would try out this cot. Riley was OK and seemed to sleep in his pad OK but I would have really liked to see him sleeping on something more off the floor of the tent.
On Sunday night, it began to rain a little and the floor began to get moist. Not too bad but I was awake making sure Riley was comfortable, dry, and OK. Monday morning it was raining so we got packed quickly, ate breakfast, and was home by noon.
I did manage to relax and read a whole book in one weekend. I read The Lucky One, finally. Now I can go see the movie. Kari took the boys fishing with their new poles a few times. And we got to visit with the other family and get to know them better. So, it was a good trip.
It was too cold for the jet skis to get off the trailer. I was a little thankful for that... just because the boys want to go on them and they can't swim yet. But anyway... we will have to plan for it in the future.
Hi Danna! I've seen those shelters at Costco so I know what you mean. To me the worst thing ever is to camp when it rains! Happened to us in Colorado and it was so miserable and then you worry about folding up the tents and them getting mildewy. Sounds like you were a trooper, tho! I would've been whining! ;)
ReplyDelete