Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tied Up in Knots

I can hear in the other room the clock chiming 3 am and, yes, I am wide awake.  Riley has been up with a stomach ache tonight and so I have been up with him trying to make him feel better.  Around 1:30 am or so I woke Kari up for more ideas.  None of mine seemed to be helping much.  Finally I gave him a nice warm bath and that made him feel better. He is now sleeping (I can hear his heavy breathing) but I can't.  Oh well.  It is a terrible thing when one of the boys aren't feeling well... I would rather be feeling sick than them, if you know what I mean. 

It has come to my attention that scarf tying is an art form.  If you are aware of this already just know that I am slow in the area of fashion. In the PNW (Pacific Northwest) in the winter months everyone pulls out their scarves to wear.  I usually don't wear one but when it gets down to the 30 degrees, I am wearing one with the rest of them, plus other layers of clothing.  Yesterday I learned a new knot and it caused me to go online to see if YouTube had lessons on this... and it did.  Check out 25 different ways to wear a scarf HERE!  I can't wait to try many of them.  The one I just learned was the Twist and Pull... anyway, I think that is what it is called.  It is one of the 25.  One of the young ladies at work showed me how to do it and I wore it again today with another scarf.  I felt special with a trendy way of tying my scarf.  So if you like to wear scarfs while it is cold... have fun with scarfs!  This is one of very few fashion tips I will ever give.

Wish me luck on getting through tomorrow with hardly any sleep.  At least it isn't a busy time of the quarter.  Registration for Spring quarter is a week away. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danna! That was nice what you did for your mother... hard to imagine not being close to your own children. :( I gave Justin's girlfriend a cashmere scarf for Christmas since she travels so much and often to cold places. I think they're very pretty and dress up an outfit- like a sweater or even a coat/jacket. Too warm in SoCal for most scarves other than maybe silk. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete