Friday nights we go to New Heart Ministries which is a recovery group at my old church, Riverview Community Church. We changed churches at the end of December to a church in Covington called Real Life Church. Although we are attending a different church on Sundays we are still in New Heart and the boys are still in Royal Rangers at RCC.
At New Heart we share dinner. We prepare a meal for about 20 people to share. This week Kari and I were responsible for the meatballs and gravy for our meal. It was one of the easiest things to do. All we did was buy a big bag of meatballs at Costco and about 6 cans of beef gravy. We put it in the slow cooker on low all day and then transferred it to an aluminum pan. I was afraid that they would be cold by the time we got to church but they were fine after covering them and keeping towels around the pan.
Saturday we got the boys haircut, the car washed (which needed it badly), and did a little shopping. We then decided to go home for the rest of the day.
Today was church, some grocery shopping, a stop at Costco, and the evening meetings at Riverview Community Church. The weather has been in the low 30s still and it is hard to get out and work in the yard or washing the car. I tried for a little while on Saturday but within 15 minutes I was freezing. I went back inside to warm up with some tea.
Tonight, Riley and I are staying up later since we can because it isn't a "school night". While I am typing this, he is playing his 3DS and watching the Disney channel... he is in heaven. We hope to go to Sumner tomorrow to their favorite bookstore. We turn in books and they pick them out. I will fill you in more later.

Costco makes great meatballs. They were a favorite at Jeff's fire station. They're good in spaghetti sauce, too. Before I forget...we took the boys to Mt Pinos- Frasier Park. We don't have to compete with the traffic of skiers that way. Our heat wave is over... have a chance of rain on the way. (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete