Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Brady!

Last Friday, February 1, was Brady's 8th birthday!  I can hardly believe 8 years have gone by now.  We began the day with sending cupcakes with him to school so that his class could celebrate with him.  When he got home, we went to Applebees for dinner because he had received a birthday card with a coupon for a free meal.  Of course we shared a chocolate dessert.  So to walk off the meal we went to Walmart.

At Walmart we bought the normal weekly things I get such as cat food, cleaning supplies, etc but I also let Brady pick out another DS game (I bought him 2).  I have decided not to buy another Skylander game since they have misplaced the game Riley got for Christmas.  That is too much money for that game for them to misplace.  They have been looking everywhere. I believe they will eventually find it but I now see that it wasn't a good idea for many reasons.

When we got home we watched a movie that Kari picked out from the Red Box.  I was able to finally set up the Blue Ray player that I bought for Christmas.  Of course, we didn't have a Blue Ray movie to watch but we will.  But the fact we got the Red Box movie caused us to plug in the new player.  We do like movies but we have been so busy lately.  Winter usually brings more opportunity for watching movies... and we are not out of winter yet.

Saturday we got up and got ready.  Later we went to the Dollar Store to buy balloons and to Costco to pick up Brady's dinosaur cake he picked out.  We were so ahead of time we had to go home for a while so we weren't at the pizza place too early... But finally we went and as we pulled up two of our friends were already there.

At Godfathers there is a game room and a room to have parties.  We set things up and ordered the pizza.  We bought 4 pizzas because we had about 20 people showing for the party... and they all showed up too.  It is interesting to have so many people in one place that are from different parts of your life yet they don't know each other.  As Kari did different things... ordering pizza and getting the Balloon Buddies set up to do... I was talking with people.  If I wasn't there the conversation would slow and no one would talk.  But if there is one key person that everyone knows (me in this case) then the conversation would continue... and they got to know each other.  I can always rely on people like Renee who can talk to anyone to help me along with conversation.  Both of us being extroverts can hopefully entertain people for a long time.

It all turned out well and it was lots of fun having the party there.  I believe we will be doing that again sometime in the future.  Brady was so pleased... it was his first birthday party ever. And he has lots of cheese pizza to finish eatting.

Have a wonderful week!  I am going through my new year's checklist and evaluating how I am doing in the first couple of areas I choose to work on.  Remember those?  I started out strong... and started to have some challenges as January came to a close.  Who can say the same?  I know it is typical to be strong especially when the emotions are up but then after a while the emotions die down.  That is where the rub is, isn't it?  I will discuss this on Tuesday.  Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danna! Glad Brady had a great birthday and a good turnout for his party! We use Redbox a lot...it's pretty convenient. If you signup for text messages, they often send you free codes or 50 cents off- things like that- but they expire quickly so it's often not on a day of the week where you have time for a movie. Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete