Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy January 2013

Hi Everyone!  I know I have been gone for a little while.  December is crazy with activity due to Christmas with shopping etc.  Every time we do it and return to normal, I wonder how we did it again.

With January coming, I get the need to pack up all the Christmas decorations and to clean.  I begin to think like everyone else about the New Year and what changes would be good as goals.  I think about it hard because if they are too unreasonable then one finds themselves abandoning the changes in the first two weeks of January.

I actually come up with areas of life such as... Home and Family, Work/ Learning, Spiritual, Recreation/ Relationships, Finances, and Personal Goals.  Each area I review and decide how I am doing and what I would like to work on the first 3 months of the year.  If I do too much all at once, something will slide and I will fall short.  After all, I have the whole year to do these things.  Let's say I want to save money and stick to a budget... I decide where I could be in 3 months and what I must do to get there.  I noticed that my check is being reduced a bit because of the Social Security tax... they were taking out less the last two years to help us spend more for the economy's sake but now the tax is being put back into place.  My checks are going to be about 40 - 50 dollars less each month.  How do I change my spending?

Spiritually - we just changed churches.  We must get "plugged into" this new church which will take about 6 months or so.  What can I do to get plugged in?  I am looking at the various ministries and options to get involved.  Plus, I make sure I am at church every week.

Home wise - I want to change the living room furniture.  We have been using old furniture my friend gave me to start off with.  The cat seems to like to claw the furniture too so we have put off getting new things.  Do I buy something new and spray the cat with water?  Or do I get something nice off of Craig's List?  Or should I put this off until Spring when I have more money saved?  I know one of my other goals is to have more people over which is under the Recreation and Relationship goals.  We would like to have nicer furniture when we have people come.  So there is always a balance.

I think I have been doing OK in the budget department so far.  Watching what I eat and taking my meds.  Plus, working also on the Spiritual side of things.  That is the 3 goals that has bubbled up to the surface to begin with.  I belief that resolutions aren't just for New Years Eve... it is for the whole year.  I believe that a lot of what I write in the blog this year is about accomplishing these goals.

One thing is for sure.  I am so ready to move even more forward from the pain I have gone through from the divorce.  I want to be done with it!  I want to look at 2013 as something new and fresh with new beginnings more than I have ever before in my life.  So let's go... Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment