Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valentines Day Surprise!

Yesterday, Saturday, it was a warmer and sunny day.  So I decided to go out to the shed and find the Valentines Day decorations.  I have to remove the lawn mower and move out some boxes.  I had to open boxes to check to see what was on the inside.  I was organized with these things but since the divorce... when I lost my brains... I am now finding out that I just put things into plastic boxes without labeling what was in them.

Finally I opened one of the unmarked boxes, reorganized the shed when putting things back, and since I had the chance... I got out my pressure nozzle and hit some of the moss and knocked it off the patio blocks etc.  I got off a lot but still have a ways to go.  We have lots of moss in the PNW.  I also filled a trash can with old leaves that had blown there during some storms.  Again, I got a lot but have a ways to go still.  But it is better than it was.

When I got the box inside and opened it I found my decorations for Valentines Day, all my Valentine cards that I saved from Dave (I saved all of them... from our dating years and our marriage), and at the bottom of the box I found some of my old things.  I found two tea pots.  I found an old tin that I had stored some silver spoons decorated with grapevines (a favorite decoration of mine) and travel spoons from my past.  What was the best thing to find was my grandmother's glass swan that sat on her coffee table forever!  It means a lot to me because it is a memory.  I had thought that I had lost it... Dave would find things of mine and take them to the Goodwill when we were married, or I thought I left it behind.  I was so pleased to see that I had it still and it wasn't broken from all the moving I have done in the past couple of years.  What a nice Valentines Day surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment