Sunday, April 28, 2013

So Long Pastor Brett

Today we went to Riverview Community Church to give honor to Pastor Brett Hollis and his family.  He announced last September that he would be resigning this year before August 2013.  As time went on the church interviewed pastors.  Finally, Brett told the church his last day would be April 28th.  As it so happened, the new pastor was voted in by the church just yesterday on April 27th and will begin on June 1st.

Last December after attending the Christmas service at Real Life Church, Kari and I both felt that our time at RCC was over except for New Heart and the boys in Royal Rangers.  We were to finish the year but for a church to attend we were to begin at Real Life Church.  Real Life had just merged with another church and we were coming in at the beginning of the merge.  Even though there were things in place such as a kids ministry, the church is still in it's beginning stages.  It is appropriate that we say "so long" to Brett and RCC today because next week at RLC there is a Vision service at 6 pm.  On with the new...

Changes are unnerving and this is where "trusting God" comes in.  I know we didn't change churches because a new pastor was coming in... it is nice that the church is closer to home and being a part of the merge.  It isn't a part of my past (where there are memories with my ex husband).  In time, the reasons will be revealed but as for now we are just on the path we believe we are suppose to be on.  That is what the Hollis family is doing too.  God bless them on their next adventure in life.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danna! Enjoyed your Part 2 of your trip! I think I need to go sea glass hunting! :) California is getting pretty "green" these days, too but I'm sure we aren't as good about recycling things from homes... probably because we don't have as many historic homes. I think having a fresh start at a new church is a good idea for you! :) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete