A-
At the beginning of every month I review my goals that I set back at the first of the year and share my progress with you. In a way, that means I am accountable to you. Even if it is ugly I will try to share very honestly. After all, we are all in this struggle.
SPIRITUAL - With changing to a new church, getting to know people is difficult. I joined a Life Group in March only to find out that my schedule would have new things that would prevent me from going by the end of March. Plans always look good on paper and then when it is "lived" one finds out if it is even possible. I have been reading on spiritual subjects and attending church. But this area still needs more discipline and development unfortunately. This week on my vacation I hope to take time for some "retreat" time and really seek out some answers.
FINANCIAL - I was pleased to get my taxes done and find I get some kind of a return. I have kept to my budget well. Unfortunately keeping to a budget is like keeping on a diet. I have been able to save, have planned on a small trip to Port Townsend and we are staying in a hotel, and doing OK. I hate to say it, but if I am grading myself I would make a better grade in this area than in the Spiritual area.
HOME WISE - This would be the area that we are doing our best. We have the new couch etc which has inspired us. I discovered that I needed to buy a new shower curtain for my bathroom and I bought a really pretty one with some flowers. I have noticed a certain color of pink lately. It is a deep rich pink (not light) and there is one little flower in the pattern in the curtain that has that color. I am excited about this change because it is me expressing "me". When I was married, my ex didn't like flowers and so I avoided them in decorating. I am not a super big flower person but I do like flowers in a subtle way... a sweet way. I have missed not using them in my decorating and now I can do it again. It is strange that it has taken me over 2 years to discover things like that and to change back. My changing for my ex to make him happy really caused me some damage I guess. Eva my step mom was concerned when she came to visit me and the house looked more like a guys house and there wasn't anything that showed my personality. She knew I was one that liked to show my likes in my decorating. I know I would decorated like that so he would be OK with being "at home" in his home. After all, it wasn't just me there. In marriage there is compromise, right? I would would try to use other ideas that made me happy too... but what I am surprised at is how long it has been to rediscover myself.
My next goal is to get a new water heater with the return and have it installed. The inspector when I bought the place said it was time... and that was two years ago. So, I am going to change it out and get an energy saver one too. After this goal is complete I am going to buy a new refrigerator. I am beginning to think about which one I would buy.
Another goal or area I have been working on "unofficially" is PERSONAL. It is more a slow goal. I have been eating better. I am avoiding some foods. I am paying more attention to what I am wearing. I am using now a Sonicare toothbrush. So doing better in this category is on my mind and I am making changes... officially or not. Also, I have made strides to realize things about myself and how I deal with life such as the flowers I mentioned. Moving forward isn't very easy for me but I am doing it.
I am reading a book now by Joyce Meyers in regards to Changing Habits. It is inspiring me and making me realize how much procrastination is an enemy that I am guilty of entertaining.
Well, I would give myself a A- for this months effort. I guess because I have done better in three areas. I do have one area I have stayed the same in and I have lots of room for improvement. It is all about balance.
Sounds like you're doing great Danna! Just the fact that your thinking about your goals and examining how you're doing with them is better than what most people do...it's good not to go thru life aimless! :) It's funny... I will often take off on a whole decorating scheme from some small thing like a flower or whatever... It's inspiration!
ReplyDeleteWow Danna, this is great. Too many of us don't think about these things. This was an inspiration.
ReplyDelete