Friday, April 12, 2013

Sketchers, Water Heaters, and OZ

Sketchers Go Walk
 
This week has been an easy going week for me.  I have mostly stayed home (due to rain and weather) and have done things that bug me to get done when I am working.  Strangely enough, I have got a lot done and would like to get more done.  One week will not be enough for me.  However, if you look at what I have done... it is quite a bit.

Monday we did go to see the movie "The Great and Powerful OZ".  I had been saving our movie tickets my mother sent us for our birthdays since August.  Usually we would have seen a movie by now at the theaters... but not this year.  We have really got to be home bodys.

Wednesday the boys and I went to Home Depot to look into buying a water heater.  I had to find mine which is in a secret area next to the refrigerator (don't ask).  It should have been changed a few years ago and is on limited time.  So, I have decided that this spring I will change it out.  I have a GE and Home Depot has the same as I have... but not Lowes which I discovered on Thursday.

Besides going to Lowes on Thursday, I went to Kohls.  I hardly ever go to Kohls even though it is in my neighborhood.  I decided that I wanted some Sketchers Go Walk shoes and they were on sale there for $15 less than everywhere else.  I got my Sketchers there for $45.  And I was able to buy some navy blue Sketchers (black seems hard to find here).  But while I was there they had clearance sales for out of season clothes and I got three sweaters.  I bought some jewelry, a bra, and some T shirts for the boys.  I only spent a little over $100 for all of that stuff and the savings was suppose to have been over $200.  I was impressed.  Plus they gave me $20 Kohls dollars... and a rewards card with some discounts on it too.  Next week I am going back and buy a second bra since this one is working out so well.

This weekend we are going on an adventure.  I won't say much here now so that I have something to write about next week.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. You got a great deal saving all that money.
    You will have to let us know how the shoes are for walking. I have heard good things about them all in all.

    ReplyDelete