Thursday, March 28, 2013

Zipping Along

Well, as usual time is zipping along… here it is Wednesday night and I will be posting for Thursday.  So what is new?  Here we have been having pretty good weather after having snow last Thursday night (the second day of spring).  On Saturday we were able to get a lot done outside around the yard.  We trimmed bushes, we mowed for the second time of the season (and Kari hit a rock bending our blade), and we were able to take my old 4 tires and a few other things to a recycle center that they were having at the high school.  I was so glad to get rid of those things… I feel lighter.  Above is a flower thing I did in the front yard for fun.  I borrowed the idea from our neighborhood McDonalds.  It isn't finished yet.  I have some new bark to lay down and I want to outline the edges of the cascading soil with something.

Last night I went and had my taxes done.  I believe I will be able to do my own taxes next year as long as the IRS doesn’t change things too much.  So again, I felt lighter because that is off my “to do” list.  Afterwards, I went over to Wal-Mart (across the street from the tax place) and got the boys Easter things for their basket.  So that is done as well.
Kari got her grades today from the last quarter which ended last week.  I know she is 32 but I am so proud of her that I want to brag.  She got a 3.8 in her Math class and a 3.7 in her Art class.  I am going to have to come up with something special to celebrate.
Tonight Kari is going to take Chuck Z. to the downtown area to feed the homeless there.  Chuck is in his late 60s and suffered from a seizure a few weeks ago and now he can’t drive.  He is the leader of the New Heart Ministries we go to on Friday nights.  His wife has been taking him and we thought that she could take him instead so his wife could get a break.  So I am staying with the boys tonight while she takes him.

So you see we have been busy.  I can’t believe Easter is almost here for this year.  I want to slow down to enjoy!  Our plan for Easter is church and going out with a friend who is coming with us to church.  As I write this I realize how tired I am tonight.  Off to bed I go…

Have a great rest of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment