Last week was a slow week for news and postings again. It wasn’t until the weekend that there was
something worthy to write about to be of interest. Saturday unfortunately it was stormy. It wasn’t at all like the Saturday before
which was glorious. Kari went off to
help her friend Julia to pack her Julia’s truck with things from her storage. Kari and another friend had a going away get
together too. Julia (the gal that moved
went to the Let’s Make a Deal event with Kari a few weeks ago) has left Washington
to move back to Minnesota where her family is.
I am not sure how long she has lived here in Washington but it seems for
quite a while… like maybe 10 years or more.
Her sister is now having kids and she wants to be closer to her
family. I can’t blame her. So she is on the road now as I type this…
heading back. Kari was sad but she also
knows that it will be best for her friend to move back. I guess visiting Julia is in our future. I am surprised at how many people we know
that is from Minnesota. It seems that
moving to Washington is something that Minnesotans like to do probably because
the winter months here are mild.
Anyway, while Kari was off doing that the boys and I went to
Lowes. I have a few projects going
on. One is to paint my bird feeder. I decided to paint it a barn red. I also
bought a new humming bird feeder too. I bought some seed starters for my herb garden
too. I came home and began the seeds and
then the kit was turned over accidently.
Now I don’t know what is what until they sprout or grow. Oh bother…
On Sunday Kari wasn’t feeling well from being in the elements so we stayed home and rested until it was time to go to the pine derby races. The boys have been making their little pine derby cars for the last month and it was time to finally race them. They painted them… Riley called his Speedy. It was a good name for his car because he came in #1! He said he would because, as he will tell you, he had faith.
I hope all of you have a wonderful week! I will try to post again on Thursday.

Congrats to Riley! I remember when Justin was in boy scouts and did that. Too many fathers couldn't resist "helping" so the cars were way advanced from what a child could make! ;) Both Jeff's mom and my mom were from Minnesota so we have relatives back there. Happy Spring!
ReplyDelete