Tuesday, March 5, 2013

How Am I Doing? Part 3

My “How am I doing?” posts are in regards to goals I set the first of the year.  Many people have long forgotten their New Year’s resolutions.  However, mine are the length of a year.  I have six areas (or seven) that I can choose to focus on but I only pick three areas to work at a time.  My focus this past month was Spiritual, Financial, and Home… and I beginning to think about Personal (health).  Once one of the three areas is doing well, I will switch that one for another. 

So here is my honest report… Starting with HOME category… We actually were able to get rid of the old 1980s mauve couch (grateful to Renee for giving us something to sit on until we could do better) we had and bought a new couch and love seat.  We also bought curtains, pictures, and a bookcase to hold all the electronics (DVD etc.) on the shelves.  Decorating the house with new furniture etc. has caused us to look for different projects… whether it is decorating for Easter, or Spring Cleaning… we are doing more at making our home a better place to be. 
I have also extended the projects outdoors too.  I have begun to prepare a garden area, I have been getting the moss off the patio and other things, we have now mowed the lawn for the first time this year, and I worked at getting old dried leaves out of the planters… getting ready to lay down more bark soon.  So all and all in this HOME category we have moved forward this month leaps and bounds.
The next area is FINANCIAL.  Although I have been spending money, I have been saving money too.  I have done better with budgeting and how I spend money this month.  I think I am doing pretty “alright” in this category and will continue on the same path as I have been.
SPIRITUAL is the third category.  My goals have been to spend more time praying and in the word.  I don’t feel that I have done exactly what I hoped to accomplished… However, I have been more aware of people and their immediate needs.  There have been many people around me that have had medical issues or surgery this month.  I have been praying for their needs “on the run” (as I call it).  One of my friends had emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix.  Another lost his hand and part of his arm due to an infection.  Many have had the flu etc.  As I learn about these needs I have prayed on the spot… and then later when I have thought about it again.  We have continued in our new church… Kari went to the Let’s Make a Deal event.  I started at a Life Group last Sunday.  The group is reading a book called “You Matter More Than You Think” by Leslie Parrott (who lives and works In the Seattle area).  So in this category I am doing OK but it needs improvement too.
PERSONAL is about clothes, hair, health etc.  I started to also gravitate towards eating better and taking care of myself.  It wasn’t an area I choose to work on as one of the 3… but it is still something I have been working on.  With better weather coming on and days being longer, I can see where I might take advantage of those things and begin working on this area. 
The month of March I am going to focus still on these categories still sense they are still the most important.  I want to bring in more PERSONAL goals and SOCIAL goals.  After all, now that the house is looking good and soon it will be BBQ season... it is time to have friends over.
That is how I access myself.  If I was giving myself a grade then I would give a B+.  Have a great week!
 

1 comment:

  1. Good report Danna! I like that you are setting goals and working towards them. Boy, do I know how that goes when you start a project or buy something new and how it snowballs! ;) I'm doing that right now! Enjoy the rest of the week! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete