Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sunny Day in Seattle

The week went by really fast it seemed.  Here it is Saturday and I missed my post for Thursday or Friday.  I am going to have to adjust which days might be best to post.  Tuesday works well.  Thursday night would be ideal... but I sometimes don't have much to post.

Anyway, tonight we "spring ahead" as we enter into daylight savings.  Around Seattle today we had warmer weather due to a visit from the sun!  It was beautiful.  If you have read my posts before you would have heard me say that when the weather turns springlike and warm... we are all out and about.  No one stays inside unless they are sick.

We headed for the small town of Sumner because they were having their "Bring In Spring" Open House.  Remember when we went to the Autumn Days there and the boys won two gift certificates?  They didn't have a game to play today.  We were able to take to the used book store some of our used books and Brady and I picked out a book in turn.  We went out to lunch and then went shopping at the Forkart Gatherings where I love to buy something for the house every now and then (remember my HOME goals).  I also have a necklace where I can replace a magnet piece and change out the color and look of the charm.  The store where I buy those are not going to sell any them any more and so I bought 6 more of magnets.  It was hard to remember what colors I do own... so I just picked out my favorite 6 that were left to choose from there.  Kari bought some too.

I did get the the hardware store today too.  Although I still have a lot to do for the garden, I bought chandelier bulbs for a three tier light in the kitchen over the sink.  The glass is bell shaped milk glass.  One by one the bulbs went out over the winter... and now they are all back again.

I hope you are having a great weekend too.  The photo is of Mt Rainier today from the city of Orting.  Orting is close to the mountain but not as close as you might think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment