Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Sofa and Love Seat... Finally!

It has been over a week since I posted here.  Last week was registration for Spring quarter at GRCC and even though it wasn't too bad, we have lots more to do.  I tend not to post during those busy times.  All I do is come home and take care by only making dinner (sometimes), doing dishes, and laundry (if needed).  I read, watch TV and go to bed early.  There are lots of people coming to my desk coughing and sneezing.

Speaking of coughing and sneezing, Riley was sick on Sunday and Monday.  His poor little eyes were runny and his nose was a faucet.  I took care of him and he slept a lot on Sunday before we went to the Mexican restaurant for Russ' birthday.  He did eat at the restaurant so that was good.  Then Brady woke up on Monday looking like Riley.  Sad... but they are both doing better now.

Yesterday we got rid of our old couch and we had our new one delivered by a friend.  We bought the couch and love seat at Price Co.  I thought it was maybe connected to a store in California but it actually turned out to be a recovery center for substance abuse users.  They are a non profit and they use the money earned to make the center run.  We were able to meet two of the guys that are now 3 months sober.  Kari was able to tell them she was 2 years sober... and she connected with everyone right away.  The young man named Michael wanted Kari to sit and hang out but she had to go home with the couches with our friend Chuck.  We hope to go back and say "hi" to those we met.

Now that the couch is here, I can get the new curtains and make the room ready to have company.  Remember, this is one of my goals under my "Home Wise" goals.  When I do my "How am I doing?" next time, I will be able to check this goal off.

For Thursday, I will tell you about the new Life Group that I signed up for at my new church.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment