"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."—Isaiah 61:3.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Mattering More Than You Think...
I am writing this Wednesday night so I can post it automatically tomorrow. My 5 days off has come to an end. I feel I have used them well especially since the boys have had a cold. They are doing better now. I took them to Red Robin where their mom works for lunch. We surprised Kari with our showing up at the end of her shift.
I also stopped by two office supply stores to get a new insert for my day runner. I use an acedemic calendar (wonder why? :-) and I am needing to plan things into summer now. But I didn't find anything that would work. I guess I bought it somewhere else. However, mine is falling apart and it might be time to buy another one. I always buy a red one. I found a black one I liked but... I don't know if I will go away from having a red one. There is not enough color around here in the winter and red cheers me up.
Last Sunday at church they had a "Life Groups Fair". Life Groups at church are groups that get together to study the bible, or do a certain project, or go to coffee... just to name a few ideas for a Life Group. There was a parenting group. These groups usually are for 8 weeks. The group I signed up for was so obvious for me. The book we will be working from is called "You Matter More Than You Think" by Leslie Parrott. I put the photo of the front of the book above. Notice what is one it? Anyone that knows me knows that I am a sea glass hunter and collector. I have jars of sea glass just like in the photo. What I like about sea glass is that I love the glass was something... then trash... then changed into something pretty and with a new reason and meaning. I create various items with it. Another thing about it is that it has a story... even though I don't know what it is, it has had a life. From trash to treasure... what a great story that is anyway.
Well, only two days of work this week. I will be able to manage that OK. Then two more days off. Not a bad week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Danna! Glad you got your new sofa and loveseat and was able to help a good cause at the same time! I should try and find a piece of sea glass for my summer centerpiece. Glad you had a good five day break! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteHi Danna! I think Lincoln is very historically accurate... just heard a few minor complaints. The best part of the movie is Daniel Day Lewis' amazing performance. He's a lock for the Oscar. Les Miz is enjoyable but don't go with anyone who doesn't want to hear non-stop singing! Argo is exciting. They'll all be out on DVD soon. Happy weekend! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete