OK, I have told you that I am doing so so with money, and OK with spiritual things. Now it is time to talk about my "Home Wise" category. Well, due to the fact that I am trying to save money I haven't got a new sofa... but I will. Kari and I have been looking. It has been nice that Renee gave me an old sofa of hers to use until we could change it out. We have used it for over a year now. The cat has used it for a scatching post... which of course we will have to train him not to do. So it was good that we had the old couch for this period of time. Now it is time to get a newer one.
One home wise thing that I did that I haven't done for the past two years is that I got out my Valentines Day decorations. I went out to the shed and moved the Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving boxes around... and found my Valentines box. When I opened it up not only did I find the decorations but I found other things that I thought I had lost in the move etc. I was very excited and happy to find out I was wrong.
Another thing I found was my stack of Valentine cards from my ex-husband... a total of 11. Meaning of course we had eleven years together... five of which we were married (which should have told me something about him... it took him 6 years to ask me to marry him). I didn't live with him for those six years but I should have been smarter. But I was like most women, I thought up excuses as to why he wasn't getting around to it. However, I have 11 cards expressing how he loves me and how wonderful I am. While reading these, I thought to myself... see, you weren't crazy or stupid. There were actual reasons to believe that he was truthful. I must say that actions do speak louder than words. I was one that put too much into the "words" and justified his actions... or lack of actions.
So, what does one do with 11 Valentines? Burn them? Just throw them out? Hold on to them for the healing process... so when I feel crazy I can pull them out and console myself that I was OK? Hmmm? Or do I just pack them up and wait another year and see how I feel about them then? They are a good measuring stick on "how am I doing?" because I know if I had found them the first year I would have cried my eyes out. The second year I would have been having to ask forgiveness for the words and thoughts I would have had towards him (he got remarried within one year of our divorce). This year... it doesn't sting so badly. I am more dedicated to moving forward.
Anyway, that is my assessment on those things I picked out in January. I feel that I should add or exchange one of them for Personal Health and Fitness. I don't feel that way in January while all the ads etc. are going on about weight loss... but now it has died down and March is coming, I feel like finding ways to think about changing some things.
Well, I will see you the next time...
Hi Danna! I think it's great that you have set goals to work on throughout the year. I'm glad you're in a better place and can see those Valentines without being to upset. Don't doubt those past years... just know that some people are not good at sustaining longterm relationships. (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteHi Danna! I'm so sorry, I've been meaning to come by and say hi. Thank you for your visit, I've enjoyed my visit a great deal. I agree with Darylynn, it's wonderful that you have set goals. As far as the Valentine's day cards...Hmm, I'd have to say what is the point in keeping them? It's all the past and the only thing to concentrate on is the future. :) Hope you have a great weekend and thank you so much for your well wishes for our Porter. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteHi Danna! C ame by to wish you a great week ahead! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete