Monday, September 17, 2012

Trina's Wedding

My friend Trina this last Saturday evening got married in Kirkland (everyone knows Kirkland because of Costco) WA.  I was able to visit with two friends that I hardly ever see; Ruthie and Gina (Gina is the girl in my long standing Facebook profile picture).  I also spent the evening with Renee, my friend, who use to work with me at the college… but I knew her too when I was a career specialist at one of the local high schools.  She works for Central Washington University by recruiting students on the west side of the state.  We became friends long ago.
You might also remember her by her being with me when I moved out of Dave’s house.  She packed up the U Haul and basically was non nonsense with him.  She didn’t say anything like she would have liked to but when he put on a show by acting like he was sad about my leaving (remember he was the one who wanted the divorce), she said that he was just putting on an act.  She was right because less than one month later I was served papers after he said he wanted to “work” on our marriage. 
Anyway, that is a real friend; someone who goes into the “dirty” places with you and helps you out.  I have two friends like that; Renee and Susie.  Susie would have been there too if she still lived here, I know it.  She has been there for me many times in so many ways.  They are as close to me as sisters.
So you can imagine how fun it was to spend some fun times with Renee and see my other friends too.  Above is Trina’s picture of her and her daughters walking down the aisle.  Beautiful, right?
Have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, very beautiful! Glad you have such good friends that stick with you thru thick and thin! So is that where Costco gets the Kirkland name? Is that where the corporate offices are? I use a lot of Kirkland products. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana, I heard of Kirkland from working at the PO. Nice that you got to be with friends. Girl time is much needed no matter how old we are. We have been so hot this summer. We really need rain for sure! I did change my blog to fall. When we were is Seattle in July 2006, it was hot all week but still nice for a whole day of whale watching. It is hard for me to read the font here cause I need new glasses and the font is small. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete