I mentioned how busy we were going to be in my last post this past weekend. That weekend blew by too. One of my favorite times this weekend was visiting with my friend Barb at the Starbucks in Sumner.
Barb was the first friend I made here in Seattle. We met in church. At the time we went to Mountain Vineyard Fellowship. The church was one of the Vineyard churches like the one we went to in California. It was interesting I was able to connect with a church so quickly (that doesn't happen all the time) and the people that attended the church. I happened to be Barb's maid of honor at her wedding to Russ... and was there when she had both her kids.
The first place Barb took me to see was the Pike's Place Market. Click on the name to see where I am talking about and you will probably recognize it from movies such as Sleepless in Seattle. It is a very interesting place and unlike anywhere I have ever been before. I love the food that is available there from farmers and all the different diverse crafts and products. If you come to Seattle for a visit, you will have to put Pike's Market on your list of things to see.
There were about 8 years where Barb went "across the water" (the Sound) to live and I didn't see much of her. A few years ago we hooked back up. Now that I am not married, I am trying to connect with her and visit her more. Sumner is a small town that is between where we both live now so we often meet there.
Another special event that happened this weekend is that the weather was in the 70's... almost to 80 degrees. After the Winter we had, you can see everyone smiling and loving getting out in it. We have been very grateful for three sunny days in a row.
Have a great week!

Hi Danna, I am Nancze and I saw your post in the FB message and wanted to visit. I enjoy making new friends from all over. I live in Oklahoma. I enjoyed your post and loved the picture. Friends are such blessings. Stop by anytime. I post fairly often, but tend not to be real regular. lol. God Bless, I know he is with you! *hugs*
ReplyDelete