"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."—Isaiah 61:3.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Middle of the Week
I got through Monday OK with the help of prayers and friends. After work my friend Diana asked me to come over and have dinner with her. She didn't want me to be alone. My friend Stephanie (in her late twenties) sent me jokes all day over my phone to keep my spirits up. Another friend Sarah sent me an encouraging email and Denise from Austin, TX left me a message here on the blog to encourage me. I am also grateful for the prayers that were said on my behalf too.
Tuesday I woke up feeling relieved. The grief I had been feeling of being betrayed and rejected had lifted. There was certainly a feeling of "no turning back". A door, you might say, has closed and a window is now open... letting in a cool breeze. I have no idea why I have these feelings but I do. I had a good day at work and things went better than the last four. It is starting to slow down now and we were able to get more done besides just talking to students.
I went home at lunch. Did I tell you that my home is now about a 1/4 mile from my work? I was able to put together a meatloaf. Kari came home from her job so she was able to cook it up right away for dinner. I stayed at work until 7pm (which means I can leave earlier on Friday).
This evening, we watched a little TV. Everyone has gone to bed now except for me... it is quiet here on the hill. I don't hear any traffic where I am. It is really peaceful as I write this post. I am reminded that we are to go to the thift store and buy plaid flannel shirts this weekend to wear to church. Everyone is wearing plaid flannel shirts and we are going to take a photo of our church members wearing them. Our pastor was reading how in Seattle we aren't known for fashion... but for plaid flannel shirts, so we are playing off of what he read. I think he might send the photo to those who wrote the article but mostly it is just for fun.
Well, when I write again it will be Friday and it will be a long 3 day weekend. We have been spoiled by the holidays (except for the quarter start). Until then...
Labels:
Planning for plaid shirt day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Danna, so glad you are feeling a bit better, your spirit is up and outlook positive, you are an inspiration to others, and I pray continued blessings on your life.
ReplyDeleteShare a picture of all your plaid shirts :) and have a great weekend.
Hi Danna! It's hard getting your footing after a breakup. My son (I probably told you this) went thru a breakup with his girlfriend of 4 years this past summer. He got back ionto the swing of things and now has a new girlfriend and is happier than he's ever been. Sometimes it's hard letting go of the old but you need to to find what's waiting for you. I see one big bonus for you- no one telling you what you can or can't buy, do think! :D Look forward to that flannel shirt photo... I think that started with the Seattle music grunge movement, didn't it? (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete