Monday, August 27, 2012

Where Did That Weekend Go???

OK, that weekend went by way too fast!!!  I barely can remember it all it is such a blur, but I will try.  Friday I had off from work (as I have done this summer on most Fridays).  I decided that this Friday I my big mission would be to go into Walmart and get the boys school supplies without them being with me.  After all, Friday is a weekday and without their wanting this… it should be easier. 
I think that it was easier going into Walmart on a Friday… there were only about ten moms.  However it isn’t fun having two lists and going around in circles with a cart getting each item.  I would have to decide what to do with some things such as one list calls for 1 of an item and the other list might call for two of the same item… but the item might be packaged with 4.  So I have an extra items… so what I think I will do with the extra items is give them either to the school for extras or give them to the church who is collecting school supplies for low income families.
I also got a text message from Costco that my glasses were ready to be picked up.  I am so pleased that I had my exam and was able to follow through getting them this summer.  Going through a divorce really puts a person in a place where you get derailed from what you usually would be doing if you weren’t dealing with all those emotions etc.  I am really trying to get back on track again now that I am feeling better.  I am so excited to have new glasses!  I will see if I can take a picture with my phone/ camera (that doesn’t do well when taking self-portrait shots). 
On Saturday we went to take the boys to get their haircuts.  We take them to this place over in Kent where the Vietnam ladies are so kind to them.  Their haircuts are only $9 each too.  We were able to go to IKEA too to check out the price on a new dress for the boys (we need more space).  We will have to wait until my next paycheck for that item but now we know what to buy.
Sunday we attended church and went to lunch at Wendy’s.  Once home we worked on the yard since the yard waste will be picked up on Tuesday.  Kari bought me an edger and she got out there and edged the side yard for me and also mowed the grass (although without rain there is little to mow).  They say we will be getting rain this week which will be good for the grass and plants.  It has been about 6 weeks since we last saw rain and we have had warm weather (for here) so everything looks really dry.
This week I only work two days and then I will be off from work through September 4th.  Both the boys and I will return to “school” on the 5th.  Wednesday is Riley and my birthday and I have something planned for us to do so I will write about that next.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danna! That'll be nice to donate extra school supplies! Glad to see you write that you are feeling better! Justin had a breakup with his girlfriend of 4 years last summer and look at him now. I always tell him that time makes things better and it really does. Sounds like a nice easy week for you! Enjoy your time off! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete