Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Warm Week Here in the PNW

This week has been a warm one.  However, you would never it know it working in our offices at the college.  Someone turned the AC up.  We have been wearing our jackets (not coats though) and turning on our space heaters next to our chairs to stay warm.  Coming from So CA, coffee didn’t have the appeal there as it does here.  Just the warmth of just holding the coffee cup is enough to switch over.  Eventually, I have become a one cup a day drinker after 19 years of living here.  However, during the summer months I am not as interested in drinking coffee as I am the rest of the cooler parts of the year.  We’ve been drinking coffee every morning including me.  It seems we can’t win.  We either have cool weather or the office is freezing.

The end of the summer quarter is tomorrow.  Fall quarter doesn’t start until September 24th.  We will have all the parking etc. we want for over a month.  We won’t have traffic coming into or going out of the college.  It is the quiet time of the year. 
The boys go back to school on September 5th.  I have been keeping my eye on the date and buying a little at a time towards their school supplies, clothes and shoes, and they will need a haircut too.  It is rather expensive to get kids ready for school… so I pace myself.  This coming weekend we will work towards this goal.

Riley also has a birthday on August 29th (my birthday).  I have given his mom some money also towards his “big gift” he wants for his birthday… a DS 3D.  So we have lots of things we are doing in the next couple of weeks to get ready.

Have a good rest of the week!  See you this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment