Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dog Days

Last week it was in the 90s, and this week it is in the 60s.  Suddenly there is a thirty degree drop in the temperature outside!  And more inside our office!  We have been freezing… wearing sweaters, jackets, and turning on our space heaters under our desks.  I guess they can’t fix it until next week sometime.
I have looked ahead online and by the weekend we will be back in the 70s again.  I am making plans as to how we might spend our weekend since it will be the last one before the boys go back to school.  Labor Day weekend we will be going camping and we will not be at home. 
I have officially begun my “birthday week” which sometimes lasts longer than a week.  Yesterday the girls in my office gave me a luncheon.  And this morning my friend Renee came in with a donut from our special bakery (unfortunately I ate only half of it because I am cutting back… which is hard thing to do at your birthday).  Come to think of it, the donut may not be because of my birthday… Renee just does nice things like that.  That last time she came by she brought me a latte from Starbucks.
Riley will be having his 9th birthday on the same day.  I am making plans for us to celebrate which includes taking him to the Olive Garden for lunch and then to the movies.  I think we might see Thunderstruck which comes out on the 24th.
That is all I have for now…. Have a good rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment