Our weather here in the PNW (Pacific Northwest) has returned to summer. It has begun to reach the 80’s again. We here say “Hooray!” We had summer come on the 4th of July for about a week and then it turned against us with rain and thunderstorms. Although it might have been warmer than usual, we all have been waiting for sunny days to return.
One thing about rain is that it doesn’t make it fun to do yard work or gardening. But now with the rain behind us, and the dryer weeks of the year ahead of us, my thoughts are on the yard. Kari says I am a possessed woman… that all I think about is what next to do in the yard.
Last week my friends came and took out the trees and got tree limbs. Things began to look better but now what was left needed a little lift. Well, that lead me to cleaning up the yard in a big way… so I hired some people to come in and trim back the bushes and trim the lawn etc. The yard is even looking better now than ever! So, I went to Lowes and bought a “spreader” so that I could apply Weed and Feed to the grass this weekend.
Now that I have a lot of the things cut back, taken out etc… I should be able to easily keep it up. For my birthday next month I am going to get an edger (to myself). My eyes are still looking at plants that are off center (planted long ago by the last owners) or are looking old and dry. Now comes the creative part where I make something my own… with a spot to add seasonal flowers under the tree, for example.
Guess Kari is right… I am a little possessed. I like to think of my hyper focus as a pit bull approach to dealing with something head on. So I am a little possessed? It will be my hobby for a while… until I can’t get outside and work in the yard when the weather changes.
I will next write about our plans for a mini vacation that is coming up. Have a good day!
Hi Danna! It will be worth it to have a nice yard to sit outside and enjoy. You might even add a little vegetable or herb garden... or even have them in pots. I have a tomato plant in a pot and a dwarf lemon tree. Yes, the reason for the nightime delivery is so the produce isn't subjected to any heat. My delivery day is Wednesday and it comes between 8 PM Tuesday night and 8 AM the next morning. Enjoy the coming weekend! I'm already thinking ahead! ;)
ReplyDelete