Saturday, July 21, 2012

Over My Shoulder Glance at the Week that Zoomed By

When I last left you, the boys were going to visit their grandfather and his wife at their hotel.  For three days they were visiting them and had a good time.  So many things to do and see when there is someone from California visiting.  They were very tired when they arrived back here on Wednesday night.

So what did I do while they were gone?  I visited Susie... she was visiting here from North Carolina.  I went to her son and daughter in law's church on Wednesday night and enjoyed the worship service.  Besides work, I played with creating and designing some bead work.  Right now I am trying to work on my design for bookmarkers.

Kari has also been busy and hasn't been home too much.  I realize at times like this how much I really enjoy them and being a family together now.  At first, it was all about "recovery"... from divorce and addiction.  We had so much to work through.  But now things are more settled.  And I am finding myself so thankful.

Friday, I had the day off and went to the movies with Susie, Bev (her daughter) and Amanda (her daughter in law).  We saw the newest Tyler Perry Madea movie.  I thought it was really great to sit and just laugh at a comedy.

The Colorado shooting had just taken place earlier in the day and I couldn't help but think of the victims as I sat in the movie theater.  I wasn't concerned for my safety.  I just reflected on those who had died or was injured.  My prayers go out to all of them and their friends and family.

Today I worked around the house.  So much to always do.  Until Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment