Today has been a short day. I got off work at noon and went home. Riley and I jumped back in the car to go to Walmart and Costco for a few items.
Most places I am not fearful of running into my ex... except for Costco. It was one of those places we liked to go as a couple. We even had "dates" at Costco. I love it when the camping gear and summer things would come out. We would browse through the book section. We would share a piece of pizza (always too large) or have a hot dog. We liked visiting different Costcos in different cities... like in Vancouver, Canada, just to see what was different.
I go there hoping I am not going to find him sitting there where we use to sit with the woman he is going to marry. I can't relax and just look around... I go there to get what I need and leave as soon as I can. Every feeling that have been dealing with is more intense there. I still go though... it is sort of a weird therapy. I am not one to give up something just because of these strange feelings. It might be another season in my life but it is my life... and I sometimes go to Costco.
I went to New Heart Ministries tonight without Kari. She had to work. I knew that Carol and Chuck would be there for whoever came to be with us tonight. Our focus was "anger".
For those of you who haven't heard of New Heart, it is a recovery program that our church began last January. It was timely too because Kari was only two months into her recovery from Meth and needed to talk to people who understood addiction. I have never been the person to understand addiction... not being an addict. I have to try to understand by using "chocolate" as an addiction, or something, but it just doesn't "do it". I can love and encourage... just can't understand fully. I understand the "family" side of things.

No comments:
Post a Comment