It has been two weeks since I wrote a post here. It happens to be the last days of the boy's school year AND Kari's quarter at the college. There has been some late minute stuff. You might say, "But Danna, you're not in school." You would think but not true. Let me explain...
Kari is working hard at her Math class and online PE class. So, I took the role of helping Riley with his 4th grade science project. Well, of course, it took three attempts making sugar crystals. My kitchen turned into a sugary mess. It took 10 pounds of sugar! The sugar mixture took 1 cup of water and 3 cups of sugars for each experiment. Anyway, then we had a poster board to make. I, of course, being in education wanted Riley to do the work. I hated it when poster boards came in looking like a parent did it.
Last Friday the 4th grade did their science presentations. Kari and I went to see and support Riley giving his science project presentation. He did great. It was nice to see the process and the reasons for the learning experience. You see, now they are starting out to do a project but by the time they reach the 12th grade, they will do other projects and one big one to graduate high school.
I also went with Riley on a field trip last week to the WA State History Museum in Tacoma. I also looked after 4 other students along with Riley on the trip. It was interesting, a warm day, and fun. I am so glad I took the time to go with him. Below is Riley and a friend "driving" a wagon they had for the kids at the museum to see what it was like in the pioneer days.
This weekend we also celebrated the Royal Rangers end of the year badge ceremony. The boys got their badges and they had an ice cream social afterwards.
I am tired from the last week. I am looking forward to the next week. Kari ends her quarter and she will have more time and then the boys will end school the next week after. So I will be writing on those events and my thoughts on my goals. Have a great week!



I always look forward to summer vacation- force of habit! I'm happy that Jacob will get to go to a camp 3 mornings a week- he needs the socialization more than anything. (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteHi, Dianna. I found your blog from Darylynn's blog. I lived in Vancouver WA for 3 years many years ago. Lovely country there. My favorite place was Mt Rainier.
ReplyDeleteLovely blog and I will visit often.
Hi Danna! Just popping over to say hi and see what's new with you. I hope you're having a good week. I always loved summer vacation but I am not a fan of summer as a season (how weird does that sound? lol) Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Danna! Thanks for the good wishes for my back surgery... it really went well and I haven't even needed one pain pill! Enjoy your summer! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteHi Danna! Just stopping by to say hello and wish you a good school year ahead! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete