It has been a little while since I last posted. I had got a cold and it kind of knocked me
out. I would come home from work tired
and wanting to just sit around or go to bed.
I am still dealing with the cough but not as badly as before. But if you deal with coughing after a cold,
it also can wear out a person. I keep
trucking but it uses up “my gas”.
Last weekend I did manage to go to Seattle as planned with
the family. It has been some time since
I have been at Pike’s Market and the waterfront area. Pikes Market is up on the hill and one can
walk down a bunch of stairs to get to the waterfront which is right below. Pikes Market is very unusual. It is like a maze and one can easily get
lost. But it has things that you
wouldn’t get anywhere else. It also
isn’t so easy since there are crowds to deal with and all kinds of behavior (a
few were drunk). It is what makes it
unique and interesting too besides the items they sale. I believe it was very uncomfortable for the
boys who aren’t use to so many people at one time.
I felt we should go down to the waterfront and ease the
boy’s anxious feelings. When we got down
there on the waterfront it was a bit better.
Plus, we choose to have lunch at Ivar’s, a famous fish restaurant
there. Ivar’s looks just like it did 20
years ago when I first came to Seattle… and it was good to enjoy it again. Riley though had enough of the crowds and it
affected him in… he was moody and didn’t want to eat which isn’t like him. We ate and he started to settle down a little. He didn’t want to go back up to the market so
we stayed on the outside of it where there were lots of booths and
vendors. One had a bracelet with his
name in beads that I bought for him… and that made him happier.
The parking cost me $17.
I looked up on the Internet to see what it would cost to take the “Link”
which is a light rail we have here. It
would cost me $16 for all of us to go round trip to Seattle. So it would also be less the gas and the
traffic. The Link lets off about a block
from Pikes Market, so next time it is the Link all the way.
All and all it was fun to revisit a place I haven’t been for
years. It was good to see how the Link
would make it easy for us to visit again in the Fall. We also bought a BIG bouquet of flowers for $10
for us for Mother’s Day. Everyone was
buying one for their mom and Brady thought we should have one too. Can’t believe that half of May is gone. Can you?

When we were in Seattle years ago, we visited Pike's Market. I remember it was a colorful place! Kids are funny about how things affect them. When Justin & Jessica were little, we took them to San Francisco. Thought they would love the cable cars, etc... but they didn't like it and said the city smelled! :) I think it was from being close to Fisherman's Wharf. Yes, sounds like the Link is the way to go. Also like San Francisco or NY- public transportation is cheaper than try to get around by car. But, as you know, in LA you need a car! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDelete