Friday, October 19, 2012

Grief for a Friend

This week I didn't post because something happened that made me not feel like writing.  On Monday morning I was taken aside by my director and was told that my ex-coworker and friend had lost her 37 year old daughter.  I was just saddened by the news all week.  She still works for the college and the stories of how and when she was told came out as well.

Yes she was a the college.  Security had be told and was on their way to her but she had been told on a phone call just before they got to her.  All of these images just went around in my mind.  I felt for her.

I didn't call her because I know she has all her family around her.this week.  Another call from another person to talk about the death, I thought, wasn't going to help.  I think I will wait until everything has passed and she has come to terms with the knowledge.

When I lost my sister, there wasn't anything anyone could say.  The words were said and I knew they were sincere but I realized they were just words.  Only time and God's comfort can change things.  I can only pray for my friend and maybe offer support in the future.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment